SHARIAH ADVISORY AND INTERNAL HALAL COMMITTEE
Shariah Advisory Committee Policy
The Scope of Shariah Compliance
- Means “the way” and does not refer to a body law.
- More accurately understood as referring to wide-ranging moral and broad ethical principles drawn from the Quran and the practices and saying (hadith) of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.
Shariah compliance process is a course of action which ensures that the products, facilities, services, operations and transactions are implemented in line with Shariah requirements and prescribed by the Shariah Advisory Committee in its Shariah decisions based on:
- Cell and Gene Therapy Products (CGTPs) guidelines released by NPRA and other regulatory bodies
- Decision by Muzakarah Jawatankuasa Fatwa Majlis Kebangsaan bagi Hal Ehwal Agama Islam Malaysia Kali Ke-67 that was held on 22nd Feb 2005 had discussed on the Hukum Pengklonan Terapeutik Dan Penyelidikan Sel Stem (Stem Cells).
- Decision by Panel Pakar Syariah JAKIM with regards to Permohonan Surat Pengesahan from JAKIM (25 May 2016).
Shariah Compliant Objective
- To set up the Shariah Compliance Committee in each of our manufacturing process and is held responsible for all matters pertaining to Shariah compliance in our supply chain.
- Implementing MS 1900:2014, Shariah based Quality Management System to maintain and ensure sustainability of production processes according to Shariah requirements and standards.
- Maintaining the accreditations received by our manufacturing facility including ISO 15189 and ISO 14644 Class 5 (Class 100) Cleanroom with high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters, certified by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and US Federal Standard 209E and cGMP
- To meet the Halal standards and requirements through continuous strengthening of employee’s Halal awareness and implementing the Halal Assurance Management System (HAS).
- Spearhead and apply Shariah regulations in providing stem cells for research and treatment.
Shariah Compliance Policy
- Ensure that the Shariah Compliance Management System is implemented to maintain and ensure sustainability of products, facilities, services, operations, transactions, production process and transportation are implemented in line with Shariah requirements and prescribed by the Shariah Advisory Committee in its Shariah decisions.
- Ensure that the integrity is continuously and consistently monitored according to MS 2424: 2012 Halal pharmaceuticals – General guidelines, Sistem Pengurusan Halal Malaysia (MHMS) 2020 and related laws.
Shariah Advisory Organisation Chart
Visit by Dr. Luqman Abdullah, JAKIM
- Cytopeutics, the first Malaysian Stem Cells company endorsed by JAKIM to be Shariah Compliant.
Visit by Datuk Dr. Luqman bin Haji Abdullah, Mufti Wilayah Persekutuan to Cytopeutics.
Shariah Advisor – Dato’ Dr. Mashitah Ibrahim Profile
1988 – 2004 : Dato’ Dr. Mashitah Ibrahim is well known in the national higher education arena as she served as a lecturer at the International Islamic University of Malaysia (UIAM) for 16 years.
1977 – 1982 : Kedah-born child in secondary education at Mahmud College, Alor Setar, Kedah.
1984 – 1987 : Bachelor of Interpretation and Hadith from Al-Azhar University of Egypt
1991 – Master’s degree in ‘Revealed Knowledge and Heritage’ from UIAM
1994 – Shariah Islamic Master’s Degree
1997 – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Shariah Islamiyyah from Darul Ulum, University of Cairo, Egypt.
2004 – 2008 : Won the Baling Parliament in 2004 General Elections and continued to be trusted by the Government to serve as Parliamentary Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Department.
2008 – Prime Minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi appointed her Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department through her appointments as a Senator.
2020 – 2022 : Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Islamic University of Malaysia (USIM) for a two-year period. Her appointment was made by YB Dato’ Noraini Ahmad, Minister of Higher education is in accordance with Section 17 (1) (f) of the USIM Constitution (Private Representative).
Other Contributions :
- 2012 – present : Executive Director Yayasan Pembangunan Pondok Malaysia.
- 2014 – present : Director Grand Commerce Network Sdn. Bhd.
- 2015 – 2018 : Panel Perunding Majlis Perundingan Islam (MPI) Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM).
- 2006-2014 : Ahli Lembaga Penasihat Penyelarasan Pelajaran dan Pendidikan Agama Islam (LEPAI) by ahli Majlis Raja-raja.
Visit by Cytopeutic’s Shariah Advisor – Dato’ Dr Mashitah
Dato’ Dr Mashitah visit to Production Laboratory
Dato’ Dr Mashitah “It is permissible for Muslim to use stem cells for the treatment of medical conditions.”
Internal Halal Committee
The Internal Halal Committee is set up in each of our manufacturing process and is held responsible for all matters pertaining to Halal compliance in our supply chain.
Halal Assurance System is implemented to be responsible for developing, monitoring, and controlling the halal assurance system to ensure its effectiveness and sustainability of production processes according to Halal requirements and standards.
We are fully committed to meet the Halal standard and requirements through continuous strengthening of employee’s Halal awareness and implementing the Halal Assurance Management System (HAS).
To achieve the standard of our Halal policy, we will ensure that:
- Complains about the quality of our products in term of safety and efficacy will be reduced by 50% for each year.
- Internal Halal audit will be conducted at least 1 time per year.
- All new employees will undergo Halal awareness training within 3 months of their employment to make sure 100% of our employees are well equipped with Halal knowledge and awareness.
‘Halal’ is anything which is permissible in Islam and good for human being.
Halal assurance has become an important parameter in the selection of consumer goods of all products
Halal Assurance System (HAS) is an integrated management system which is developed, implemented, and maintained to manage materials, production processes, products, human resources, and procedures in order to maintain the sustainability of halal production process in accordance with Halal requirements.
Cytopeutics Sdn. Bhd is committed to producing high-quality halal products in compliance with Halal guidelines issued by Islamic Religious authorities. Cytopeutics Sdn. Bhd is committed:
- To ensure our halal products are safe and effective for the treatment of indicated diseases; with high quality standards of ingredients and production; and processed hygienically.
- To adhere with the halal concept every step of the way from selection of raw materials, processing, testing, manufacturing, packaging, transportation and final product preparation for the treatment of our patients.
- To meet current halal standards and requirements, Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines, ISO Quality Management System standards and other relevant requirements of halal pharmaceutical as required by competent halal authorities and other related regulatory authorities.
Internal Halal Committee